Forklift Operator: On-site Training, with hands-on qualification (6 hrs)
February 20, 2023
Powered industrial trucks, commonly called forklifts, or lift trucks, are used in many industries, primarily to move materials. OSHA’s safety training requirements for powered industrial truck operators help prevent an estimated 11 deaths and 9,500 injuries per year, plus $135 million in employee costs. What can they do for your facility? Powered Industrial Truck Compliance Training explains the standard and shows you how to put them to use. You’ll learn practices and procedures that will help you comply and keep your employees safe. The seminar covers:
- Details of the OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178 Powered Industrial Trucks standard
- Basic safety precautions for operators and those working in the vicinity
- Operating forklifts and other powered industrial trucks in hazardous locations
- Training requirements for operators
- Maintenance, including safe fuel handling and storage
At the end of the seminar, you’ll understand:
- The key elements of the regulations and how to comply
- Proper operating and maintenance techniques that prevent injuries
- What kind of training you need to provide, and for whom
- How compliance can reduce your workers’ comp and other costs
The hands-on qualification portion will allow the student to apply operating techniques learned in the classroom. They will be required to inspect the equipment, lift materials, move them to a designated location. The student will be required properly operate the lifting forks, backing up, and demonstrate hazard recognition.
This course is approximately 6 hours. Must be 18 or older to operate a forklift, in accordance with OSHA standards.
Please select the above button to proceed
This course requires a miniumum of three students, in accordance with the OSHA Outreach Training Requirements.
If OSC cancels this course due to low enrollment, we will email the student by close of business the day before the course.
Please make certain your email address is entered accurately and check emails before traveling to our training center.
All cancellation or rescheduling for classes must be made by 2:00 PM on the business day PRIOR to the scheduled class. Full course fees will be assessed if registrant has not cancelled by the deadline. Anyone who may be late should call to notify the training center. Anyone arriving late – without notification – will be assessed the full class fee.