Forklift Operator (4-Hour Course) – Tulsa
December 20, 2023
Oklahoma Safety Council
OSHA’s safety training requirements for powered industrial truck operators help prevent an estimated 11 deaths and 9,500 injuries per year, plus $135 million in employee costs. What can they do for your facility? Powered Industrial Truck Compliance Training explains the standard and shows you how to put it to use. You’ll learn practices and procedures that will help you comply and keep your employees safe. The seminar covers:
- Details of the OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178 Powered Industrial Trucks standard.
- Basic safety precautions for operators and those working in the vicinity.
- Operating forklifts and other powered industrial trucks in hazardous locations
- Training requirements for operators
- Maintenance, including safe fuel handling and storage
At the end of the seminar, you’ll understand:
- The key elements of the regulations and how to comply
- Proper operating and maintenance techniques that prevent injuries.
- What kind of training you need to provide, and for whom
- How compliance can reduce your workers’ comp and other costs
(Due to limitations of the facility, this course does not include hands-on training.)
Costs: Member – $75
Please select the above button to proceed
No. Due to the limitations of our Tulsa facility, this course does not include hands-on.
Yes. OSC can provide this training at your location if you have a group of five or more students. If utilizing your forklift for hands-on activity, the vehicle must pass inspection at the instructor's discretion.
All cancellation or rescheduling for classes must be made by 2:00 PM on the business day PRIOR to the scheduled class. Full course fees will be assessed if registrant has not cancelled by the deadline. Anyone who may be late should call to notify the training center. Anyone arriving late – without notification – will be assessed the full class fee.