Lockout/Tagout for Program Managers
June 19, 2023
Oklahoma Safety Council
This course provides an overview of the OSHA Control of Hazardous Energy, Lockout/Tagout Standard 29 CFR 1910.147 Subpart J for those who may manage or administer the Energy Control Program for their company.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand the key elements of OSHA’s Lockout/Tagout standard,
- Understand the purpose for Lockout/Tagout,
- Recognize the key components of an Energy Control Program,
- Identify the six key elements that are required to be included in an Energy Control Program,
- Identify the requirements of a periodic inspection of the Energy Control Procedures,
- Identify the steps to be followed when removing an energy control device to restore energy to equipment,
- Recognize group lockout/tagout procedure requirements,
- Identify steps to be followed to perform testing or positioning on a piece of equipment being repaired,
- Recognize the importance of “best practices for the most effective Energy Control Program implementation and operation.
This course is ideal for Maintenace Managers and supervisors in general industry and public sector, or anyone who must oversee a LOTO program.
Cost: Members – $150
Non-Members – $200
Do you have a group of five or more students who need this course? Call our office to schedule a course for your group.
Please select the above button to proceed
All cancellation or rescheduling for classes must be made by 2:00 PM on the business day PRIOR to the scheduled class. Full course fees will be assessed if registrant has not cancelled by the deadline. Anyone who may be late should call to notify the training center. Anyone arriving late – without notification – will be assessed the full class fee.