Permit-Required Confined Space Attendant/Entrant
June 19, 2023
Oklahoma Safety Council
In this class you will learn how to create an entry permit and how to correctly evaluate and determine if permit entry procedures are necessary. The course meets Fed OSHA 1910.146 requirement for Certification of employees who enter or may enter a Confined Space. This class includes demonstrations of air testing, permit procedures and basic retrieval/ rescue (non-entry) techniques.
OSHA Regulation 29 CFR1910.146 requires employees to be trained on the confined space entry standard as a key step in maintaining employee health and safety.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to identify and/or use:
- Applicable regulations (29 CFR 1910.146, ANSI) and Signage requirements.
- Confined Space hazards.
- Identifying Permit-required confined spaces.
- Proper utilization of gas monitoring equipment.
- Proper use and limitations of equipment
- Ventilation techniques.
- The Entry Permit.
- Respiratory Requirements.
- Duties of supervisors, entrants, and attendants.
- Fire Watch duties and responsibilities.
- Requirements for rescue & emergency services.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
- OSHA requirements to reclassify a permit-required confined space to a non-permit space.
- OSHA’s alternate entry procedures; and,
- Elements of a Written Confined Space Entry Program.
Note: On-site “hands-on” classes can be arranged. The training is the same as above but with the addition of the hands-on component. The training will utilize the company’s confined space example or space and gear needed for training, which must pass inspection. On-Site classes are 6 hours long and require a minimum of 5 students. Contact OSC Tulsa for more information.
Cost: Member – $175
Non-Member – $200
Please select the above button to proceed
All cancellation or rescheduling for classes must be made by 2:00 PM on the business day PRIOR to the scheduled class. Full course fees will be assessed if registrant has not cancelled by the deadline. Anyone who may be late should call to notify the training center. Anyone arriving late – without notification – will be assessed the full class fee.