- For all Training Centers - appointments in the computer lab and/or enrollment in an instructor-led course are required to be made in advance.
- Students MUST arrive within 15 minutes of their scheduled appointment/class time to avoid cancellation of their class.
- Students may not enter our facilities if they are sick or have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Please call to reschedule those students ahead of their scheduled appointment time.
- Facial coverings – are encouraged but not required in the OKC and Tulsa training center due to the high rate of community spread in these areas.
About the Oklahoma Safety Council
The Oklahoma Safety Council is a member- based, non-governmental, not-for-profit, public service organization. Our mission is to promote the adoption of safety, health, and environmental practices and procedures that prevent and mitigate human suffering and economic loss.
In 1947 the Oklahoma Safety Council was established as a non-profit and privately supported organization to act as the central headquarters for multiple Oklahoma safety training courses and programs. OSC’s vast history has played a vital role in the development & advancement of the Oklahoma safety community by:
- Acting as the state chapter for the National Safety Council.
- Coordinating safety programs and trainings in various fields such as oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, utilities, health care etc.
- Promoting better legislation for occupational safety and health, as well as accident and crash prevention.
- Partnering with numerous organizations and companies such OSHA, ARSC, ETC, COSS, AAA, and OKIE 811 to provide additional training, resources, and other valuable benefits.
- Advocating for improved engineering and enforcement techniques at the federal, state and local levels.
- Distributing safety materials to newspapers, radios and television stations, magazines, industry, and safety conscious individual organizations.
- Hosting conferences, meetings, seminars, webinars, and other events designed to eliminate the cause of accidental injury and death.
- Advising cities, businesses, and individuals on safety challenges.
As a local chapter of the National Safety Council, the Oklahoma Safety Council offers a wide variety of safety services and trainings including in-class and online Defensive Driving courses,
First Aid/CPR/AED, Forklift Operator, Fall Protection Triad + more – check out the full list HERE. OSC services and trainings are generally conducted at our Oklahoma City or Tulsa location but can be available as on-site courses or conducted privately at one of facilities, contact us for more information.
Today, the OSC has a membership base of more than 700 businesses throughout our state. Some of our members include Enable Midstream, OG+E, The Noble Foundation, McBride Orthopedic Hospital, Reasor’s, Midlands Management, Seaboard Foods, Ritz Safety, AAON, Lopez Foods, Becco Contractors, University of Central Oklahoma, ONEOK, and Phillips 66. OSC membership includes an automatic membership with the National Safety Council.
OSC is here to help your company build a successful health and safety program; for both on and off the job. Our goal is to equip you with ideas, strategies, educational materials, products, solutions, and latest safety & health news and regulations to make your organization operate efficiently, profitably, successfully, while maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Board Of Directors
American Eagle Safety
Brown and Brown
The Crosby Group
McCoy Tree Surgery
PEO Brokers Group
Oklahoma Department of Labor
Johnston Law Firm
Airgas USA, LLC
Red Bluff Resources
City of Shawnee
Presbyterian Health Foundation
Noble Research Institute